1. Upon arriving at the Tignish Heritage Inn (check in after 2:00 p.m.) settle in and enjoy a cool beverage. This would be a good time to make arrangements for dinner at one of our local restaurants.
2. Stretch those tired legs by taking a stroll around the grounds of the Inn and visiting our beautiful St. Simon and St. Jude Roman Catholic Church. The church is home to the famous Louis Mitchell Tracker Pipe Organ built in the 1800’s and is still used at almost every mass today. On Wednesday evenings there are recitals in the church by organists who come from all over the world to play.
3. For dinner tonight why not try the elegant Wind and Reef Restaurant which specializes in seafood (reservations are recommended). Watch the waves from the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Northumberland Strait as they meet with magnificent results!
4. Don’t forget to bring your camera and a sweater for your tour of North Cape after dinner. You can stroll along the newly developed Interpretive Eco Trail along the Black Marsh and learn about stones, plants, and seabirds that are native to the area. Witness the meeting of the tides along one of the longest natural rock reefs in the world! The tides of the Northumberland Strait and the Gulf of St. Lawrence actually meet here, and when the wind is high it makes for a spectacular display! Watch the sunset before you return to the Inn, the colors that brighten the sky are breathtaking. P.E.I. has sunsets quite like no other place on earth, and North Cape is one of the best viewpoints on the island.
5. Time to relax with a coffee, tea or cold drink as you read, watch television, chat with staff and other guests or spend quiet time thinking about the fun tomorrow will bring.